Monday, September 10, 2012

Virtually There- V6

This article was originally posted here in ManipalBlog.

I set off on a quest of finding the purpose of life. My writing speed slowed down. I started thinking of every word that I was using. I knew I was running into bad waters, I am not an Aristotle or Buddha, but yes, I had the courage to sail it over!

Welcome to Virtually There (VT) – V6, version six, let’s ponder why we live!

Writing about love in VT- V5 was far easy than writing about life today. Is it because I think that I am in love? Is it because I have found a lot of love? Is it because I don’t enjoy life? Is it because even I wonder of my existence like many of you?

Scholars said- have a dream. Work towards it. Rest not till you achieve it. We read- “A goal without a plan is just a wish”. Make plan, work it out. Work is worship, etc., etc. Did we miss something? Why didn’t anyone say to enjoy the life however it comes!

Mission of life is not to ponder over it. Mission of life is not to define it. Mission of life is not to be a frog in the well. Mission of life is not to cheat people. Mission of life is not to kill humanity. Mission of life is not to complain. Mission of life is to live!

To live the life, I correct, to live the life of your wish, I correct, to live the life that your heart guides, I correct, to live the life that God gives, I correct, to live the life with no regrets, I correct, to live the life in the present!

I was unable to finish the previous line; I started with the bang, and kept correcting. So is the LIFE!

The moment I find logical end to this version, I am bound to be enlightened. Hence, instead of defining V6, version six, I was trying to find the logical end this time. Like life, I can’t get perfectly right. I thought of coming up with my own poetry, but Robert Frost’s six lines seemed to be perfectly written for this version. It had love, it had promises, it had snow, it had a flow, it had a goal, and it had LIFE!

He will not see me stopping here 
To watch his woods fill up with snow. 
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment